Happy Thanksgiving! We hope you’re spending your day with friends and family, and eating your little heart out.
Today we are giving thanks to all you readers! 14,000 of you have come to us this year to get honest answers about sex, or to ask an anonymous question. We love hearing from you and tackling your (always interesting) inquires. Please keep ‘em coming!
We’re also giving thanks today to our favorite thing: S-E-X. Whether you realize it or not, sex has some amazing benefits (not to mention it’s a whole lotta fun). So, grab a turkey leg, a piece of pie, or a glass of wine, and saddle up to read Top 10 Reasons To Be Thankful For Sex on Thanksgiving.
- Sex burns calories. Who cares if you just consumed half a turkey and a gallon of gravy? The Chart says, “A good sweaty session of sex can burn a couple hundred calories.” Even a hot smooch can get your heart rate up, which also helps burn calories.
- Orgasms keep you alive. A British study revealed men who had three or more orgasms per week experienced 50 percent fewer heart attacks and strokes, compared with those who had less frequent orgasms. That’s worth giving thanks to!
- Sex toys go on sale. Big screen TV’s and digital cameras aren’t the only great buys the day-after-Thanksgiving. Many online sex shops are also having amazing Black Friday deals. Sweet!
- Sex boosts immunity. Think all your snotty younger cousins infected you with their germs? Better get it on. According to WebMD, “Having sex once or twice a week has been linked with higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A or IgA, which can protect you from getting colds and other infections.”
- Sex (and turkey) will help you get a good night’s sleep. If you got up at 5AM to put the bird in the oven, chances are you didn’t get much sleep. The solution: sex. Oxytocin released during orgasm is associated with sleep. Combine oxytocin with tryptophan from your turkey, and you’ll be catching zzz’s before you know it.
- Sex helps you forget & increases happiness. Can’t button your jeans? Going to max out your credit cards on Black Friday? No worries. Web Ecoist said having sex helps you forget your troubles. It also improves intimacy, lifts your mood, and increases your imagination. AND regular humping can keep you happy.
- Sex can help you look younger. A study found that people having sex regularly can shave between four and seven years off your physical appearance! We suggest fighting for the wishbone, closing your eyes, and hoping you get laid tonight.
- Sex keeps your skin healthy. You’ve heard about the after-sex glow. It’s a real physiological reaction, explained by Your Tango: blood circulation increases during sex, which means more oxygen is pumped into the skin. Voilà! The post- coitus radiance is born.
- Sex relieves stress. Are the in-laws staying with you? Did you just cook dinner for 25 people? If you’re about to pull your hair out, we suggest pulling back the sheets and getting it on!
- Sex is fun. Do you really need another reason?
Happy Turkey Day!